previous post on this tool for Blogger users to add Technorati tags easily to their posts, because the Magical Sheep Greasemonkey userscript has now been updated and enhanced by that King of Kode, Kirk.
That post now has updated full instructions on that script, from scratch, with some history.
If upgrading - IMPORTANT - this version is not compatible with previous versions of this script. if you have an existing version of this script, you MUST first uninstall it (how to uninstall) before installing this version. You may then have to re-enter your "MeTags" and own choice of separator (though if you've been using a previous version they may have been preserved), but that should only take a few seconds.
Get the updated userscript (version 1.0 beta) from Userscripts.org; here's an alternative location for the script if the first is down or slow. And another.
For a full explanation please see the rewritten previous post. If you're familiar with that script already, here's just the changes:
Changes made April 2006 - version 1.0 betaBugfix:
Editing tags - after tags have initially been added, deleting a tag or adding a tag to the tag box (and clicking Append) now inserts it or deletes it from the main post box properly. (This bug was in the original script which Kirk adapted and expanded, so don't blame him for it! The script should have been doing that all along, but there was a misuse of single quote marks which stopped it from working before. No one seems to have noticed it until Clamatius pointed it out - thanks Clamatius!)
- Better Blogger integration, now works in Edit HTML as well as Compose mode.
- Tag settings and options - now hidden by default
- Heading/label for tags list - can be changed from "Tags:"
- New window - option to have links open in a new browser window (adds target="_blank")
- FUTags - ability to set up a list of your most frequently used tags, to add them to the tag box with one click
- Your Technorati account only - option to point tag links to tagged posts from your own blog(s) only, if you have signed up with Technorati and claimed your blog. In other words, if you select this option and someone clicks a tag in your post, they will be taken to a page listing all the posts previously tagged with that tag from your blogs only; if other people have used that tag, their posts will not be shown in the list. You must be a Technorati member and have claimed the blogs concerned (see also this page), to use this feature. It will only work in posts published after you install this new version of the script; old posts will not be affected.
Example: If you display the Tag Settings and Options section and tick the Point Links.. box and enter the Technorati username phydeaux3 and OK, then enter the tag "magical sheep" in the Tags box and click Append Tags, the following code will be added to the end of the Blogger post box:
<a href="http://technorati.com/tag/magical+sheep" rel="tag" target="_blank" onmouseover="this.href='http://technorati.com/tag/magical+sheep?user=phydeaux3'">magical sheep</a>
- Editing posts or drafts - it now reads tags back in from a previously published or draft post.
- Blogger's post options field - nothing to do with tagging, but Kirk has made that field open all the time with this script (which many of us think is much better), and also added a border round that field just to cover up its previous "naked" look! Isn't he the gentleman...
- Tag box/options now hidden in Preview view, unless you have Jasper's script for Keep current time on post, in which case they will be visible. Don't think anything can be done about that, just don't use that box in Preview view.
Technorati Tags: Blog, blogs, blogging, tag, tags, tagging, tag tools, tagging tools, Blogger, Blogger.com, Firefox, addons, blog addons, blogging addons, blog add-ons, blogging add-ons, Technorati, Technoratitags, Technorati tags, Greasemonkey, Greasemonkey scripts, Magical Sheep, phydeaux3, Improbulus, A Consuming Experience, Consuming Experience