Even the British Insurance Brokers' Association (BIBA) recently said that "mobile phone insurance policies can prove expensive and may be difficult to claim on" because of the get outs built into those policies - the very times when you need to claim will probably be the situations where they've said they won't pay up! (e.g. leaving your phone unattended in a public place).
BIBA advice to consumers:
- Never leave your phone unattended in a public place or unlocked vehicle
- Bar your phone as soon as you are aware it’s been lost or stolen
- Read your mobile phone insurance policy carefully to see what it does and does not cover for
- Check your household contents policy to see if it includes cover for mobile phones
- Ask your home contents insurer what it would cost to extend your policy to cover a mobile phone
More in the BIBA press release of 10 October 2005.
Technorati Tags: mobile, mobiles, mobile phones, insurance, mobile phone insurance, consumer, consumer issues, consumer advice, UK, Improbulus, A Consuming Experience, Consuming Experience