PubSub, whose "matching service that instantly notifies you when new content is created that matches your subscription," will "soon" release new versions of their sidebar (which shows your matches live in a sidebar in Internet Explorer or Firefox).
The improvements are said to be:
- Auto-reconnect support that reestablishes the session after a network interruption or when the user’s machine awakens from hibernation.
- An options menu for configuring user settings.
- A new option allows display of the PubSub LinkRank of the currently viewed page.
- Automatic detection of LAN proxy configuration, with automatic tunneling through the proxy on port 443, which should enable use of the Sidebar in many firewalled networks.
- Backend improvements to ensure faster and more reliable message delivery.
- Some bug fixes to improve stability.
Pubsub are asking would-be volunteer beta testers to email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Technorati Tags: Pubsub, search, searching, search engines, search tools, beta testing, browser, browsers, sidebar, sidebars, Internet Explorer, Firefox, blogs, blogging, technology, Improbulus, A Consuming Experience, Consuming Experience