PubSub: beta testing upgrade to SidebarTuesday, January 17, 2006
PubSub, whose "matching service that instantly notifies you when new content is created that matches your subscription," will "soon" release new versions of their sidebar (which shows your matches live in a sidebar in Internet Explorer or Firefox).
The improvements are said to be:
- Auto-reconnect support that reestablishes the session after a network interruption or when the user’s machine awakens from hibernation.
- An options menu for configuring user settings.
- A new option allows display of the PubSub LinkRank of the currently viewed page.
- Automatic detection of LAN proxy configuration, with automatic tunneling through the proxy on port 443, which should enable use of the Sidebar in many firewalled networks.
- Backend improvements to ensure faster and more reliable message delivery.
- Some bug fixes to improve stability.
Pubsub are asking would-be volunteer beta testers to email them at email@example.com
Technorati Tags: Pubsub, search, searching, search engines, search tools, beta testing, browser, browsers, sidebar, sidebars, Internet Explorer, Firefox, blogs, blogging, technology, Improbulus, A Consuming Experience, Consuming Experience